Sunday, March 06, 2011

I'm back!

I'm back to the world of the computer-abled! After over a month of being without the machine, Brett and I got it back last night.

I got pretty used to not having it and using Brett's i-pod to check email when I absolutely needed to. Every now and then there would be a moment where I missed it: looking up movie show times, looking for directions and train schedules, search for recipes, that sort of thing. But mostly I just didn't think about it too much. Now that it's back, I'm not sure what to do with myself.

The hard drive crashed, which was covered by the warranty I had purchased, but the data recovery was not. We bought a massive external hard drive and the guys at Geek Squad saved as much as they could. Haven't check that yet to see what they got. I also had to order the system back up disks to restore the operating system and now need to reload Microsoft Office too. But at least everything is fixed now! We even got a new battery and DC cord when we sent it off so hopefully the battery life will be a little longer than zero.

I'm looking forward to surfing the web for cute baby stuff this afternoon. I've been keeping a paper journal of thoughts and experiences, but I probably won't put much about the baby online. I'd like to keep things a little more private. Maybe that will change with time; we'll have to see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. That was a long time to be "icky"!

Mom said...

I would go nuts without my computer for a month. Just goes to show what we can live without if we need to.

Ayesha said...

Thanks for posting this blog. There is very useful information.. that how can we got best Automotive services. Car dealer software