Saturday, October 16, 2010

Goin to the Chapel...

Hi all,

Last time we talked, I was recounting the amazing experience of spending the day before the wedding relaxing, primping and chillin with my homegirls. Then getting up at dawn on the big day to visit the farmer's market for flowers. (So so so highly suggested!)

Brett and I recently recieved our photos from our amazing photography team Libby and Joe of Joe Crimmings Photography. I really can't say enough nice things about these two. They got every important moment that we'll want to remember forever and some lovely family and personal portraits. Joe's got a great style that made the portraits look bronzed and vintage without being stodgy or corny. I can't wait to have some of his art up on the wall. I would love to work with them again and will recommend them to anyone asking for a photographer in the Des Moines Area. Go check them out, they're awesome...

I'd like to share some photos they took, my favorite ones, in chronological order, up to the church service.
My Maid of Honor, Kate, was completely supportive on the day and the whole weekend. She helped me keep my cool when I was freaking out a little in the dressing room. Can't imagine the weekend without her!

Kate and Nicole helped get me all set for the ceremony. I wonder if part of the nerves of the wedding come from not really doing anything NORMAL all day, like dressing yourself. People fuss over you, fuss over the decorations, all that stuff. But it's also really exciting. It separates this day from other days in your life, which is cool.
The dress was a David's Bridal off-the-rack number which I never really had altered because it fit so well when I bought it. It was strapless which is not what I wanted, so I did ask my Aunt to add the little sleeves. I loved it right away, loved it more when Aunt Karen modified it, and loved it all day I got to wear it. I love it even more now that it has about two inches of dirt on the hem and tiny holes burned in the netting from the sparkler party we had at the end of the night.
The flowers are from the farmer's market and the festive bunting is from my Mom's sewing machine. I asked and she delivered perfectly. I love the buntings!

We got married at the Church of the Land at Living History Farms. My Grandparents were among the first to arrive. I love this shot of them walking up the boardwalk to the church.

More to come!

1 comment:

Mom said...

It was a beautiful day and fun to remember with Joe's beautiful photos.