Monday, April 19, 2010

Photos!

Picture Update:
From Easter
IMG_2000



And now that spring is here:

IMG_2011

IMG_2012


IMG_2013



I picked these little purple bell flowers from the yard just today and filled them out with the few alestomeria left from Easter. I love having fresh flowers in the house!



I've been looking for readings for the wedding ceremony this August, trying to find pieces that are sweet without being saccharine, heartfelt without being lame, short, meaningful and carefully balanced between solemn and lighthearted.

I'll be posting some of my favorites here. Not sure if everything I post will make it into the ceremony, or featured somewhere else, or if they will just be things that bounce around in my thoughts as I get married, but they have struck a chord with me and I like em.

To start us off, Robert Louis Stevenson's "Wedding Prayer"


Lord, behold our family here assembled.

We thank you for this place in which we dwell,

for the love that unites us,

for the peace accorded us this day,

for the hope with which we expect the morrow,

for the health, the work, the food,

and the bright skies that make our lives delightful;

for our friends in all parts of the earth.

Amen


And from Frau Ava, the first female German author


I am yours. You are mine.

Of this we are certain.

You are lodged in my heart.

The small key is lost,

You must stay there forever.


Which in the original 12th century Middle German is:


Du bist min, ich bin din,

des solt du gewiz sin.
Du bist beslozzen in minem herzen.
Verloren ist daz schlüezzelin,

du muozst och immer darinne sin.



P.S. I think my grammar is just fine. Thank you very much.

1 comment:

Mom said...

do you have a screened in porch? That looks ideal! Love the photos. Thanks for sharing. And the quotes are beautiful.