Friday, January 01, 2010

Next season on Penelope Knits

Welcome 2010. Thank goodness you are here.

Last night Brett and I watched the ball drop in Times Square, rang in the New Year in the customary fashion of a glass of bubbly liquid and a hopeful kiss, and then immediately went to bed. Brett's been under the weather since about Cleveland on the way home from Christmas vacation and so we figured we'd better take it easy.

It was great to be home with both sets of folks for our holiday celebrations. It just wouldn't be Christmas without family, after all. But the drive is always long, and we did bump into a bit of blizzard on the leg from Illinois to Iowa that made things a little more exciting. Other than that, we pretty much dodged the winter weather.

Now we're back in NY, feeling like that drive is just too long.

So what do you, my loyal readers, have to look forward to the upcoming year?

There will be more knitting. After all, this is a knitting blog, and as often as other things pop up in my life, that's the touchstone for my corner of the Intertubes. This year is an Olympic year, and I'm hoping that The Yarn Harlot will again be championing the Knitting Olympics that she founded back in 2006. I missed the 2006 event because I was just finding the online knitting community, but I'm ready for competition now. I'm still deciding what project to tackle. It should be a personal challenge to complete during the running of the Olympics from torch lighting to closing ceremonies and no longer. So there's that to look forward to.

I have yarn for lots of socks, (including Rhinebeck yarn and some gorgeous new Christmas yarn)
a few sweaters worth, at least one colorwork project planned, and plenty of loose balls for one off projects, not to mention rather a lot of fiber to spin. So there's that to look forward to.

But it can't all be fiber goodness all the time. Sometimes we're going to be talking about other things, including my very exciting wedding planning. (We started registering and we probably found our caterer. Only about a thousand more decisions to make till the big day!)

There will be various crafty posts. Projects for the house and for my friends and for my wedding and all sorts of things. I'm definitely going to need to show off some of that neat stuff (or bemoan my miserable failures with a little company).

I hope I'll also be showing off my amazing super healthy lifestyle. You know the one where I eat 3 cups of veggies a day, go to the gym all the time, and drop about 20 lbs? I'm sure you'll be seeing lots of posts about that!

You'll get to see the pride of my good days, and probably some of the frustration of the bad while I start teaching at the HoF and keep working on Penelope Fiberworks. There will be the boredom and the beauty of our small little village in the hills of New York. You'll see my impatient garden plans in late winter and the first green of the land in the spring. The summer mists and storms and the brilliant fall colors. And all sorts of things that I can't even imagine yet.

Stay tuned. You don't want to miss 2010.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like a great year ahead! I'm looking forward to it.

cold beer and a fishin' pole said...

Can I miss half of it? I sleep and go to the bathroom a lot.

Nicole said...

How did the gift that you were knitting for your grandpa (?) turn out? The burgundy and mushroom color project - I know what it is just don't want to "say it out loud" in case you didn't finish them yet.