Saturday, October 10, 2009

POV

I went for a nearly pain free run today and I'm pretty psyched about it. I bought a new pair of running shoes last night at the Sneaker Store in New Hartford and it was a good idea. The knowledgeable staff looked at my feet and my ankles, listened to my price range and found me a lovely pair of stability shoes that let me run 50% longer than I usually do with minimal shin pain. It's going to take a while for them to work their magic, but they feel good today.

Next weekend is the uber awesome New York Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY. Since I've wanted to go since first hearing about it, I will be dragging Brett and making the pilgrimage down to see the sheep and commune with the People of the Wool. There will be lamb tacos and pumpkin chunking and frisbee dogs and lots and lots and lots of wool. I've decided I need to have a project or two in mind to buy for or I'll probably buy too much.

Project A:
The Featherweight Cardigan needs about 1200 yards of laceweight yarn. It calls for Malabrigo Lace, which would be fantastic, but I bet I can find something as awesome and much more unusual at Rhinebeck. I need something with close to a 470 yd/50 g weight. I want this to be a celebration purchase for when the Hall of Fame offers me the job (cough cough) so I want a nice flexible color I can wear to the office. Pearl grey, or oatmeal, or go bold with a cherry red or maybe even the chartuese in the pictures I first was attracted to.

Project B:
A great pair of socks. It's easy to buy sock yarn, and I knit more socks than anything else.

I'm also giving myself budget room to buy skeins that I fall in love with, provided I buy enough to make a matching hat and mitten set.

I've been super good about not buying yarn for the stash this year and last and Rhinebeck is a once a year event so I'm ok with indulging this year.

I've decided to make Saturdays a new weekly ritual where I take a picture of my view. I love reading blogs with lots of pictures. So every Saturday I'm going to point the camera out the window and show you a shot of the weather, the scenery, the whatever. Today it's the fall colors across the street and the pumpkin on the front step. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Auntie said...

Coveting that sheep festival now...

Mom said...

The wool festifal sounds like a little touch of heaven for Kate. Enjoy those beautiful fall colors out your window. The winter view may not be quite as . . . colorful? We had an inservice presenter on Friday with a beautiful pearl-gray colored sweater that I thought was gorgeous - kind of lacy with a tie in front - very pretty. I thought of you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that singular model. The prices seeking the boots are approximately 210 bucks on every page. But for all I set this site selling them for half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching for that singular make. The prices seeking the shoes are all over 250 pounds everwhere. But for all I bring about this site selling them for half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hello ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices for the velcros were all over 180 pounds on every page. But completely I found this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what is your opinion?