Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Leaf Peepers

I have absolutely no good reason for not posting before now, other than I don't have much of interest to report.

We're still unpacking boxes, more slowly now than in the beginning, but now we're down to knick knacks and whatnots instead of clothes and cooking utensils. That's nice.

Our new rental is extremely awkwardly set up for furniture placement. It's a beautiful house architecturally, but it's an old house, so there's quite a few big windows that conflict with putting things against walls. The second story is a well finished attic, so the ceilings pitch down very abruptly. Again, a ton of non-functional space. We are left with rather a lot of furniture that doesn't fit well in the house making things feel odd and uncomfortable. We're set up for optimal usage of the space, in that things make sense where they are, but they don't feel or look like they're in the right spot. Hard to explain.

Cooperstown is drop dead beautiful right now. Rather a lot of golden fall sunshine on dramatic hills. Lots of pretty colors in the trees. We live right next to a cider mill now so when I get home from the bakery I'm greeted by the smell of apple cider and pie and woodsmoke. Not bad, all around.

Other good news:
Brett and I got a joint membership at the local gym. It was more expensive than it would have been anywhere else, but it's still affordable and a really good idea for us both. The heated indoor flat track is a lot more enjoyable to run on than the cold, rainy, unlit hilly roads. We can also cross train in the pool or on the climbing wall, or use the bowling alley, or whatever, so that's great.

I interviewed for a position at the Baseball Hall of Fame on Monday. I really really really really really want the job, so I hope they think I'm as perfect for the position as I think the position is for me. I'll update with either shouts of jubilation or gnashing of teeth and rending of garments sometime next week.

In crappy news I have a horrible head cold that won't go away and I feel like ugh.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Vitamin D, lots of sleep, and an adjustment :-) Hope you feel better.

Mom said...

I'll be listening for those shouts of jubilation. Good, good luck to you. Enjoy your gym membership. Good that you and Brett can do it together - it's hard to stay motivated otherwise. Also enjoy these beautiful days of fall before it gets too cold and bare. I love the colors against the clear, blue sky.

Auntie said...

Well, OF COURSE you're the BEST ONE one for that job. I hope those baseball people are smart enough to realize it. Listening for shouts of joy now.....