Thursday, March 05, 2009

To Do

Yay!

The sun is shining and by tomorrow the weather is supposed to be in the 50s. Snow is drip dripping and with the heat back on in the house, I'm feeling downright cozy.

Brett will be here tomorrow and I've done next to nothing with my big bad cleaning plans for the last week or so. Today I'm amped up to do some serious work though.

I'd like to:
get some laundry done
sweep the hardwood
vaccuum the carpets
shovel the back porch (and pray that I need not do it ever again!)
clean out the fridge
and clean off the kitchen counter tops
soft scrub the stove top
dust the woodwork
windex the windows
clean my bathroom and wash the towels
straighten up the living room
change some lightbulbs

generally make the house someplace I might not cringe to admit to living in if our lovely neighbors stopped by for tea (the ones with the beautiful house who put a white lit Christmas tree out on their front porch. Fit for Better Homes & Gardens, these people are...)
The goal is to leave nothing laying around that Abby will consider a toy, besides, of course, her actual toys.

take recyclables back to the grocery store

bake raisin scones
plant some tomato and basil seeds
get going on that second mitten
find clamps around the house so that I can do this to my as yet unused loom

And I think I will light some candles and play some music and be generally happy with life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, Abby will love that loom!

cold beer and a fishin' pole said...

When and where did you get a loom?