Tuesday, March 31, 2009

catch up

Hi everyone! It's been a really busy weekend. Brett and I had company so we spent a lot of time doing the things one does when one has company, i.e. not blogging.

It has been otherwise a pretty productive week.
The house is very clean.

The tomato seeds have lots of leaves on them now, the broccoli, cosmos, and marigolds have sprouted, the basil is on the verge of getting real leaves.
The north west bed of the garden has been double dug, and most of the rocks are out of it.
The peas are in the garden and will probably sprout some time next week. I'm trying to believe that they really will be ok in the frost, since we got dusted again last night.

I finished the Apple Mittens last night and will probably just suck it up and use the circs so I can finish the Monkey Socks. A commenter a while back suggested I order a new set from Knit Picks, and I probably just should, but for some reason I'm resisting ordering anything online.

We visited Lynn and the alpacas down the street and I got to meet Lira from whose fleece the Fly Creek Cap was knit. We also went to Howe Caverns which was beautiful and very cool. I have pictures to show you all once I get a chance.

No comments: