Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Birthday beginings

Tonight I'm casting on my second attempt at the first 2007 sweater. I've decided to go with a yoked pullover with a fairly simple structure. To help get the measurements right, I'm following the proportions suggested for the Sugarplum Pullover from Handknit Holidays.

I've also finished the first pair of socks of 2007 and they are probably the best socks to date. Nice basic pattern out of Mountain Colors' Bearfoot. More discussion and photos to follow.

The best fiber news I have is that for my birthday (which was yesterday and now I'm 22 and oh my god I've done nothing with my life) my loving family who knows me well sent me beautiful fiber goodies. My aunt, an proficient crafter herself, sent a WPI gauge and the first volume of the Vogue Stitchionary. My grandmother, the original knitter of the family, sent a copy of Spin to Knit which I've already gleaned inspiration from. I am very fond of my generous relatives. Tomorrow, I'll try to remember to post pictures of all my holiday knitting loot along with pictures of the New Year Socks.

No comments: