Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Penelope Knits

Currently, I'm avoiding writing up my reasearch notes for my meeting tomorrow with my project advisor. I think she thinks I'm a bad student.

In actuallity I've hit a wall and need a break. There's only so many hours in the day and when I think about how little I know about the topic and how many questions I still have regarding the material I really don't see any end in sight. I believe this is the nature of academic research and that if I was answering questions without raising new ones, I wouldn't be a terribly thoughtful person. Maybe I'm fooling myself.

The knitting too seems to be in a rut. I'm making limited progress on the Green Dragon socks, knowing I'm going to have to figure out the math for the heel turn sooner rather than later, but not just yet. I've got three skeins of sock yarn destined for my own personal sock drawer and I can't justify starting any of them until I get either Bob's socks or Paul's socks done. I need to find another purpose for the yarn for Karen since it felts terribly and I don't know what else to do with it.

No comments: