Friday, February 26, 2010

We stocked up on bottled water and canned goods

Snow Day!


Last night we got slammed with our only real snow storm of the year. I don't know what took so long, but it sure made up for a relatively nice winter with about two feet of heavy fluffy white stuff. Brett and I had both gone into work but got to leave early.

The ride home was scary and we wound up abandoning my car in a city lot overnight and Brett drove us both up the snowy hill to Fly Creek. Today we went back for it and not only had to shovel out those two feet in the driveway to get Brett's car out, but the 4 feet or so the plow had dumped into the drive, AND the snow that had buried my car in the lot. But it hadn't been towed or ticketed and I'm just thrilled we got both cars home safe.

Yesterday we enjoyed the early dismissal and played in the snow a little after we shoveled the first foot of snow out of the driveway.



Today we just bummed around and cooked yummy food and did laundry, but it was nice to have a day off. Our mailbox is completely destroyed, though, and our poor snowman has been buried to his waist.
IMG_1952 IMG_1951
Those plows toss that snow around but good.

The Olympic Sweater is not looking good folks. The body is done and I'm making good progress on the sleeves but I'm pretty certain the collar is at least a three day bit of knitting and I only have two left! I'll keep knitting away though, like the USA Women's Hockey team playing to the last second, rather than concede defeat.

2 comments:

blessingsgoddess said...

Looks like quite a snowfall !

Mom said...

that is one awfully cute snowman! Love his hair. We haven't had a snowday. And the snow village went bye bye today. I am darn ready for March - and by March I mean Spring!