Thursday, February 11, 2010

Knitting Olympics Post Unum

I've been saving this post for something special.

::cue happy parade music::

It's my 100th blog post!

Hooray! When I saw that is was coming up, I knew I wanted it to coincide with my Olympic Knitting post.

For those of you who don't know about the Knitting Olympics, kindly find your way to The Yarn Harlot.

Over the next 17 days, beginning with the torch lighting ceremony tomorrow night, I will be casting on, knitting, binding off, and finishing.......

A WHOLE SWEATER!

That's right. A whole sweater, start to finish. Specifically the Featherweight cardigan at the top of this page.

This will be a challenge because I've never knit a sweater start to finish in 17 days, especially at the gauge this piece is knit at. I'm really excited to see if I can do it. There are no silver medals in the Knitting Olympics, only gold baby!

I've checked my equipment.
I've done my training.



My gauge is on and I'm feeling confident. Let's DO THIS THING!

4 comments:

cold beer and a fishin' pole said...

you better be in it. IN IT TO WIN IT! knock 'em dead big sister

lil' brudder

Mom said...

So cute! You can totally do it! I already see you on the top platform with the US flag being raised and the National Anthem being played and the gold medal around your neck while you wear your new sweater. Keep your eye on the prize!

Illinois Auntie said...

I've seen your speed. Watch out for injuries.

Nicole said...

Good Luck!!!