Friday, February 20, 2009

Bone

Today I worked on the quilt. I have a few more seams to do on the sashing before I can move on to the next step, but it's coming together nicely. Brett said he liked the way it looked, and I think I do too, although the bright red sashing might be a little overwhelming to the blocks. I'll get a picture up after my next library pilgrimage.

For my birthday, Brett bought me a set of antique bone knitting needles.

Talk about a beautiful tool! You can tell holding them that they've been used over and over again, because the ivory is polished to a beautiful luster. Stitches slide off the way they would on metal, but don't slip. The points are extreemly sharp, but broaden realtively quickly, unlike the stilleto shape you need to keep fine points on metal needles. I've never seen a needle like this before, and I love working with them.

So tonight I whipped up a swatch with the Dream in Color in my stash. Remember? This stuff:
knitting pics 23 016 by you.

I really do need another pair of mittens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn. You can never have too many pairs of mittens, just like socks. I'm still worried about your partnerless sock. What's your plan.
Can't wait to see the photo of the quilt. It will be beautiful.