Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sneak Peek

After 23 hours of driving, a long weekend of sleep-little nights and a lot of heavy lifting, and a 3 AM flight, I am back in Des Moines, where I will be living in transition for the next little bit until I'm all wrapped up at LHF and everyone is properly trained for winter.

Turns out, I'm about to live in the most amazing place I've ever seen. Until this weekend, the most beautiful place I'd ever seen was Colorado. Imagine the mountains majesty with another hundred or so years of human habitation. Life there has mellowed, the way a very fine wine does, and picked up the unique flavors of the landscape. It's comfortable and charming. Quaint in the most genuine sense and homey. Everyone I talked to in "the Village" as the locals call Cooperstown, seemed to possess a certain contentment that carried through in their interaction with us. If I mentioned I was new to the area and looking for work every single person gave me their card and said not to hesitate to call if I needed anything. I'm excited and very well pleased by the prospect of living somewhere so amazing.

Beside the character of the place, it's just stunningly beautiful. And oh my friends, the house... Donlon Road, where my new residence is, is in the middle of pretty much nowhere, but the view from every window takes your breath away. I couldn't help but get a little giddy when I discovered our neighbors down the road have a chicken coop and let their ladies free range during the day.

I can't wait to tell you stories of all the things that are about to happen.

P.S. There's a store front in down town Cooperstown that would be just the perfect thing for my Knitting Studio. Oh such plans I have!

No comments: